Blog Archive

Apr 11, 2011

Ride is fast approaching

James and Nick with their first letter box find
Our motorcycle group, Combat Vets Motorcycle Association (CVMA), has a ride coming up on the 16th of April.  We are raising money to help Texas veterans.  Along with a "poker" run we are raffling off some nice rides (choice of 6).  I can't wait for the whole thing to be over.  I haven't participated too much, mostly because any help I offer isn't really needed-- those in charge have  very specific idea of what they need.  I suppose since I am only a spouse, I am not expected to have any real input.  THey would argue that, but I have experienced different.  I want to get back to riding and being with others who like the same.

Ashleigh finished her manuscript last fall and is working diligently to finish the editing.  This past weekend she and I worked together to get the query letter, synopsis, and first three chapters either written or formatted.  After researching online she found a couple of agents who accepted email submissions and she subbed to them over the weekend.  Tonight and tomorrow we will be working on printing and enveloping snailmail submissions.

Nickolas graduated from the cub scout program and moved to the boy scout troop where James is.  They are not going to be in the same patrol, but Pickle is so very excited to be with the "big boys".  He was starting to feel left behind.

John will only attend Sylvan for another 3 weeks-- the cost is just too high.  Instead I enrolled him in the same program that James and Nick are in online.  I hope this helps; James and Nick seem to really enjoy it.  John will be given his CPAP machine in a little while (today).  We'll see if it helps anything.  He has conveniently "forgotten" to take his meds for weeks now, but his blood sugars and everything else are still fine.  He had started, on his own, drinking about 64-120oz of Gatorade a day and his numbers have stayed very low.

Ok, I suppose that is it.  I have a hard time keeping these interesting atm.  Still trying to get things in the right place in the house and making living in it more conducive to our way of life.

No comments: