Blog Archive

Aug 22, 2010

Home School again

James' solution to the age old problem of water up the nose.
Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for not only Ashleigh, but for John, James, and Nick as well.  John's schoolwork is on-line now-- saves us from trying to keep track of the disks.  Though it does mean we have to buy it new for each kid, each year.  I am now willing to do that to save on the frustration of lost or damaged disks (we are using Alpha Omega Monarch system).  All that being said... we have to wait until next month to get James' curriculum for this next year.  I think Nick won't be a problem until we get to October. We'll see. What we don't get started on the curriculum we will fill in with creative writing, history, math drills, and civics.

The pool in the background of James' pic is green, yesterday it was clear  blue.  That is how fast the algae can grow.

We learned a few weeks ago that Chappy is eligible for a program called the Hazelwood here in TX, because Chappy is a veteran and has declared TX as our home of record.  What's more he can transfer the benefits, 150 credit hours, to any child or spouse dependent.  Ashleigh won't use it she said--she is hoping to go to WA next year when she is an adult.  I will use it which means I will start for the spring 2011 semester!  Yea!  I am thanking God for an opportunity to now go to school too.  I will go for a major in Economics and a minor in business or creative writing.

Chappy and I got a great ride in yesterday-- my first full ride since we moved here.  I liked it though my back was complaining after having spent a week in bed, for the most part.  I resorted to drugs on the second half of the ride.

Ok off to bed.  early start tomorrow, as I not only help the kids back to school but get back into the groove of sewing.  Night.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: