Blog Archive

Apr 26, 2011

Forgetful... But Here

We are gearing up for a very, very full late spring and early summer schedule.  My cousin is getting married in about 4 weeks (Chappy will be the officiant), Chappy has a birthday, Ashleigh has a birthday, Nick and James have camps and scouting activities, John has tryouts for ChalleNGe, Ashleigh will be finishing up her sophomore year at UTEP and is preparing to move to WA when she turns 18, and Chappy and I will be in Colorado Springs in June for a motorcycle rally (CVMA).  We had hoped to make the Scarborough Faire in TX this month, but thinking now it may not happen.

John's packet for ChalleNGe is about complete; we are just awaiting a few more pieces of paper to submit it.  He is looking forward to it, though he is a bit trepidatious. It will a positive experience, even if he doesn't end up in the military (they are cutting back big time on recruiting).  He will still take away skills, a more fit body, and confidence that will help in his life as a young adult.

Ashleigh has been full of vinegar and spice-- I think she is getting excited about the upcoming new chapter in her life.  She submitted her first query letters and first rejections.  And now that that is out of the way, she can look forward to a "yes" someday.  She finished the first round of edits to her manuscript, her boyfriend Huxley as her sounding board, and now I need to get my rear in gear and complete the second round of edits.  Huxley said, upon finishing the ms with her, that he can't wait to see the next book.  Ashleigh needs to get to work on that.

James is really starting to push his boundaries-- very passive aggressive.  Teen will be frustrating at times with him.  Argh.  I really don't mind for myself so much, but Pickle isn't close enough to teen to understand or being going through it together with him.  So when James (whose been picking fights daily with Pickle) starts instigating issues or pushing Pickle away, Pickle's feelings get hurt.  He will learn and grow through it with James.  I just hope their special friendship will be preserved through it all.

Pickle is sooooo happy to be a Boy Scout with the older kids.  His patrol, the Fox Patrol, is made up of the newest members of the Troop, so he is still with kids his age for the most part.  The dads of the boys keep trying to get Chappy to join the camping trips (especially now that they know he brews beer).  Unfortunately, he is often on call or we have calender events already scheduled.

John holding the "check" we will gift the Vet home with.
The CVMA Run was a success.  I am not in a position of leadership (not in any position actually) so I have not yet learned how much we raised for the Texas Veterans, but what I do know is that we had over 150 riders and passengers register.  We sold a heck of a lot of raffle tickets (sorry Uncle Roy and John-John, your numbers weren't drawn).  As soon as I have then numbers I will post them.

Research on my book has been full and for every bit of info I read, I find a bazillion more questions I need or want answered.  And so much I could use!  I am slowly, ever so slowly, getting things back in order.  The Vitamin D may be helping a lot.  Not sure I can attribute the small recovery to the Vitamin D, it could be summer is drawing nigh and I always feel better in the summer months.  We'll see.

I guess I've covered more recent items-- I know I've probably missed something awesome, but I can't remember it now.  If I do, I will post.

No comments: