Blog Archive

May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Down, Other stuff to Go

Mother's day was pretty low key for us and that is how I like it.  I called my mom after our morning walk--had to let the phone charge first.  Then I played games with Chappy and Mojo on-line.  But the rest of the day I spent in bed, my back acting up, and researched and wrote--as usual it was more research than writing, but it will be worth it.


A pleasant surprise in my early morning dreams came in the form of costume design.  I have to treasure these rare moments as I don't have them anymore.  I want to focus on writing for now, until I get back into the groove of sewing.  But it is still nice to have the design moments.


John will be going to orientation this Saturday for the ChalleNGe Program here in TX.  We are anxious because it would mean so much to us if John could participate.  Scary for all of us, especially John, if he gets in because he will be away from us for 6 mo starting this summer if he is accepted.  However, we are aware of God's provincial hand and know He will take care of John no matter where he is.  We are just waiting on reference letters and mentors (and alt mentor) to finish his application packet.


Ashleigh takes her last final today--poor thing she's been battling a cold all weekend.  I hope her head is clear enough to perform well on her final.  She is excited to be done -- two years down and two to go.  I imagine, though I haven't actually heard her say so, she will be getting things packed and ready to move to WA over the next couple of months.


Chappy's first local beer club experience was good. He got to see how others brew and learned that everyone seems to have their own technique but basics are basics.  Next time he will brew a batch too.  On Sunday we will both be educating a few people on brewing--Chappy will be demonstrating all grain brewing and I will be showing the processes for Meade and liqueurs.


The swimming pool looks WONDERFUL!  Clear and clean and refreshing.  Have I put more than a toe in?  Nope.  Probably won't till later this month or next month.  But Nick goes in as often as someone is willing to sit outside with him.  James went in once and probably won't go in until I do, LOL!  Neither of us like cold water.


James and Nick have had a lot to say lately and here are a few of their quips:

  1. Nick: Snaps is the Fresh Prince of Bad Air (flatulence)
  2. James (of Snaps): He's going RABIES on the chair! (or any object he is playing with)
  3. Cooking:
    • James: We should add salt to the chili.
    • Ash: No, James. We are not adding anything else to the chili!
    • James: We should add knives.
    • Ash: What?
    • James: It will give it a nice sharp flavor.

No comments: