Blog Archive

Jul 30, 2010

Cloudless sky

posted Apr 3, 2010 9:58 AM by Darc Balog
We awoke in Blythe, CA-- which is where we went to sleep, so no space alien hokey-pokey-- to a cloudless blue sky and a huge breakfast supplied by the Rodeway Inn.  Chappy is one happy camper; one of the positive aspects of being deployed to Kuwait and Iraq was the desert for Chappy.  I too am happy, no humidity-- I love humid hot, not a fan of humid cold.  The dog and I took a walk about a half mile from the hotel to the Starbucks (I know, I know.  But what you gonna do when that is your only choice?) where Chappy met us after gassing up.  

We are going to make El Paso tonight, most likely and will take a look around.  Then on Monday we will meet with rental agencies and such to see the inventory.  At some point we will drop the trailer and head up to CO for a belated, but promised, visit.

The picture is of James and Nick's magical (dirty) Sock of Savings.

No comments: