Blog Archive

Aug 1, 2010

They're back

Chappy and most of the kids returned around 11:30a-ish this morning.  We all got right to work getting the house ready-- the tasks I was supposed to have done yesterday when instead I was so ill.


They went to a place called White Sands in NM.  To look at it, it looks like snow.  And apparently behaves a lot like it as well.  The Boy Scouts have their Klondike races at White Sands in the spring time.  Our kids ran around and got sandy.  Pickle is already making plans to go again and bring a boogie board so he can slide down like a snow hill.  


Originally they had planned to do some four wheeling at another site, but it was nixed due to rain.


Today I was attempting to force a re-bar used for temporary fencing-- the kind that has a blade at the bottom--into the ground.  I was wearing my thong sandals and slipped.  I should have gone to the hospital, I think, but I truly did not want to deal with it.  So instead, I directed Chappy to put three drops of therapeutic grade lavender essential oil on it and on the bandage before wrapping it.  It hurts still, but I think it will be all right.


Ok off to sew for now.


Love to you all, 
Darc
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: