Blog Archive

Jul 31, 2010

Business

I realized that I haven't paid much attention to this side of the blog.  I mean I've been spending all kinds of time on my sewing blog.  As well as getting the Designs by Rhenn website, Designs by Rhenn blog, Etsy site, and UPillar site up dated.

For Chappy, he has been on call every other week.  His boss is.... well, she just is.  But he joined the Veteran's bikers association and is happy as a bug in a rug.  Right now he, and Ashleigh, James, and Nick, are in Cloudcroft, NM for a single soldiers retreat. I and John had to stay behind for a number of reasons, John had to work and I had a commission that had to be finished.  Chappy claims that he is bored without me, but I can't imagine why. Cloudcroft is so beautiful.

Ashleigh is signing up for classes next week.  She is also working at a local bagel/coffee shop.  She even got a positive change implemented within the first couple of days working there.  They hadn't been using espresso roast for the espresso drinks, thinking that a dark coffee roast would work.  However, a coffee roast is a bitter roast and doesn't produce the proper crema strata.  Ashleigh told them, they said they would try it and did.  Ashleigh made a good mocha (well better than their original, the machine could still use adjusting) and she had a couple of the ladies she works with try it.  They were so shocked at the change that one even went to the manager and told them how good it was.  Yea, for Ashleigh!

John is getting close to the end of his work program on Ft Bliss.  He will start filling out applications within the next couple of weeks.  He has received positive reviews from the people he works with.  He has really plugged into the youth group that meets at the Anglican Church on the Hill that is right up the hill from us.  He also has loved working with the Police Explorers.

James loved camping with the scouts earlier this summer.  They camped at Cloudcroft, but it rained a lot.  He has really gotten into building games on the computer-- he is mechanically inclined.

Nickolas just turned 10-- the last to reach the double digits.  He asked to go to the local water park and so we did.  It was an interesting place- but we had a great time.  Several of us came away a little red.  LOL!  He picked out several gifts as his original idea got nixed.

I have been sewing almost non-stop.  Once we left WA, the business started rolling in, literally the day we left WA.  God is good.  I think he waited because he knew we were leaving and would be too stressed.  I will be finishing up a couple of projects with in the next week and then starting/finishing another.  I then have several projects planned for ready-made items.

Oh yeah, Snaps! He has grown to his fullness.  He is adorable and so lovable and obedient.  I am still working with to behave on walks better.

Ok I think that brings up to the present.

God bless!
Darcien
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: